Kitchen cabinets are very essential in the addition of an ambiance and feel of our kitchen area. When they are properly and beautifully constructed, they can make cooking a lot more fun. This is primarily the reason why when you are still on the verge of constructing or reconstructing your house, it is very important that you choose the right materials and finishes to give the kitchen a cozy look. It is highly advisable that you should choose to purchase cabinet materials that are high-end and durable as well.
The Trends in Kitchen Cabinets for 2014
- Natural finishes. Although cherry wood cabinets have been very popular over the years, natural textures and grains of woods are now outrunning their popularity. More people, nowadays, prefer exotic woods to be used for their cabinets. Natural finishes together with light colored stains will also make your kitchen look larger.
- Floor to ceiling kitchen cabinets. Another trending kitchen cabinet design is the floor to ceiling cabinets. It helps conserve space because you may only need one or two of them to have an adequate storage space needed for your kitchen use. This type of cabinets can be a combination of drawers, glass doors, and shelves.
- Ornate-detailed kitchen cabinets. This type of kitchen cabinets is one with decorations and embellishments that add a more fun look to your cabinet. This is fairly common in French country style kitchen cabinets.
- Kitchen cabinets that conceal appliances. There are actually a number of people, nowadays, that prefer to conceal their appliances, such as the refrigerator, with built-in cabinets. By concealing the appliances in the kitchen, it will create a balanced and uniformed look; large stainless steel usually breaks the visual look of the kitchen.
- Kitchen cabinets with glass doors and colorful accents. This type of kitchen cabinets is inspired by the country-style design. Glass doors are also good light reflectors which will make the kitchen appear more fresh and well-ventilated. With glass door cabinets, it will be easier for you to look for anything you will use without having to open or close the cabinet door. This will be great for displaying your vintage chinaware. You may also add a little bit fun to these glass cabinet doors by simply painting the glass with a cheerful color. These colors should complement the exteriors of the cabinet and make sure that you create bold accents to effectively match the color scheme of the entire kitchen room.